Thursday, September 22, 2016

Let's Talk

Hey guys.

So we haven't done one of these posts in a very very long time. So, I thought we were overdue.

So lets chat! (Excuse my rambling LOL)

Is it just me or when everyone is hyped up about a book, and you go into it just knowing you are in for a ride only to be let down? Now I know that not every book is for everyone, but when this happens I can't help but think something is seriously wrong with me.

Surely a book that all of my book friends and favorite blogs are raving about, and that hit the best-sellers list should be nothing shorter than amazing right? Right?

While the 5 star glowing reviews are rolling in, I am over here just thinking how much my sad little 3, 2, 1 star review is going to look in the sea of 5 star reviews.

Tough right? Like why bother to review. LOL. But nah, thats not me. I give honest reviews. And who knows, maybe someone will stumble upon my sad star review and actually reads the book because what I don't like, they do.

And thats what makes me write my review even though everyone else liked the book.

Its a hard pill to swallow,but I take it.

So tell me, do you guys feel the same way when you come across those books you didn't really care for, but everyone around you loved?

Leave us a comment. Lets discuss. 😊

1 comment:

  1. I used to feel the same. Like there was something wrong with me. But than I said to myself - what the heck! not all books are for the same readers. If there's a book that I like, should I be mad at the those who disliked it? That wouldn't be fair. If I don't like it, I write down why, if I love it, I'm telling why and if I DNF, I also write down why. That's me ;) Wishing you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete