Thursday, July 9, 2015

Review: Elude by Rachel Van Dyken

Elude (Eagle Elite #6) 

by Rachel Van Dyken


The sixth book in the internationally bestselling Eagle Elite Series. 
*Interconnected Stand Alone*

Twenty-Four hours before we were to be married--I offered to shoot her.
Ten hours before our wedding--I made a mockery of her dying wish. 
Five hours before we were going to say our vows--I promised I'd never love her. 
One hour before I said I do--I vowed I'd never shed a tear over her death.
But the minute we were pronounced man and wife--I knew.
I'd only use my gun to protect her. 
I'd give my life for hers. 
I'd cry. 
And I would, most definitely, lose my heart, to a dying girl---a girl who by all accounts should have never been mine in the first place. 
I always believed the mafia would be my end game--where I'd lose my heart, while it claimed my soul. I could have never imagined. It would be my redemption. 
Or the beginning of something beautiful. 
The beginning of her. 
The end of us.



My Thoughts

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ stars

I have read every book in this series, and while I loved them all so much.. None, I mean none came close to this book.

If you want a tearjerker... well here it is. If you want a book that will make you laugh... here it is. If you want a book that is gut wrenching, and will bring out some emotions inside of you that you didn't think you had... once again... here it is.

From the prologue I was hooked. I have never read one of Rachel's books where the prologue doesn't drag me into the book. I finished this book in one sitting.  This is by far one of Rachel's best books. Not only that, I have seriously found my number one favorite book.

The love that grew between Sergio and Andy was beautiful. I cried throughout the whole book. There were sweet moments, sad moments, and of course funny moments. Andy was so strong. I cried for her, and I cried for Sergio. I just cried.

I loved that all of the family came together when Sergio and Andy needed them. They were standing by their sides; supporting them, comforting them, and most of all loving them. That is what family is all about.

I can keep talking and talking about how good this book was, but honestly you want understand until you read it for yourself. I am going to provide you with a warning that Rachel did not give... TISSUES, TISSUES, make sure to have a lot of them!!



Grab Your Copy

No comments:

Post a Comment