Saturday, October 25, 2014

Review: Sublime Wreckage by Charlene Zapata

Sublime Wreckage
by Charlene Zapata
209 pages
Pub Date: July 2014
Genre: NA Romance
My Rating: 


About the Book:

After suffering a tragic accident as a child, Maggie Wilson has tried her whole life to regain the happiness she lost. She has been in survival mode ever since, dealing with a mentally unstable parent, having no one to turn to for help. Her desire to escape to a better future fuels her motivation and keeps her focused on what really matters, breaking free of the hell she lives in.

Things at home are complicated and it’s easier to push people away than allow them to get too close. She doesn't let anyone into her life except her best friend Amanda. Maggie has perfected keeping secrets, maintaining her GPA and staying out of relationships. All her energy is put into her school work so that when she graduates she can leave for college and forget her past.

All of that changes when she meets Vincent Moreno. His reputation precedes him but she quickly discovers there is so much more to him than what you see on the surface. He manages to wiggle his way into her life despite her efforts to keep him at a distance. As Maggie starts to open up she realizes how much she needs someone like Vince in her life. They form a connection like no other and it has her reconsidering everything.




My Review:


Most books that grab the reader from the first page turns out to be really good. Sublime Wreckage went above and beyond just a really good book. It sucked me into the point that I could feel what the character felt. And after it was all over, it had my mind still drifting in the world that the author has created. It had me falling back down to earth slowly like ashes from a bad fire. 

Maggie was one of those characters that really touched my heart. I had no choice but ride the crazy roller coaster of her life. The ups and downs that were going on in her life kept me on my toes waiting to see what was going to happen next. I really admired her from the beginning. No matter what her mom said or did... at the end of the day she kept her head up. 

I really loved Vincent. He was so funny and sweet, and caring. He stuck by Maggie when he figured out things weren't good at home. All of their flirty banter was so cute and sweet. I liked that he didn't rush her into a relationship with him. They took it slow, and got to know each other. He was so different than most teenage male characters, and I enjoyed reading something different for a change.

I also like Maggie's best friend Amanda. Amanda is the only person that Maggie let into her life. I loved the connection that Maggie and Amanda had. I hope Miss Zapata gives Amanda her own story. I would definitely love to learn more about her. 

The book kind of left off on a little cliffhanger , so I am excited to see what is next for these awesome characters. I highly recommend this book to any NA fans that like books that really steps out of the high school/ college drama. 

***Book provided by author for a honest review.*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment