Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Committed by Sidney Bristol

Committed (Drug of Desire #1)
by Sidney Bristol
 
Synopsis
 
In this erotic tale of sensuality and suspense,
Sidney Bristol proves that desire can be the
most dangerous drug of all.
DEA Special Agent Damien Moana works hard and
plays even harder. But while indulging in forbidden
temptations at a private BDSM retreat, the unexpected happens: He falls under a
stranger’s spell. This woman drives Damien to distraction, pushing him to the
sweet boundary between pain and pleasure. When duty interrupts their heated
encounter, his focus turns to catching a criminal . . . but his head is still with the
seductress who ignites his deepest desires. Now Damien must choose between
closing the case of his career and losing the woman of his dreams.
Poppy Mercer can’t forget the night she spent with her mystery lover. When
chance brings them back together, she seizes the opportunity to again feel his
masterful hands on her body. Poppy is a switch who delights in dominating
a powerful man . . . and submitting to the ecstasy of his control. Outside the
bedroom, however, she questions her place in Damien’s world. His obsession
with hunting a ruthless drug lord puts Poppy in the line of fire. And though
Damien might be able to save her from danger, salvaging what’s left of her trust
Committed is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.
 
 
Get your copy of COMMITTED
 
 
My Review
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
5 stars!
HOT! HOT! HOT! Miss Bristol really knows how to suck a reader in with this awesome book. I was hooked from page one. This realistic story really had me wanting more. This is one of the first books that I have read by Miss Bristol, but after I finished it, I had to read more of her books. I really fell in love with her writing style, and the way she can suck the reader in with a powerful story. It was really hard to leave the world that she has created.

With Committed, I really like that it wasn't mainly focused on the BDSM side of things. Her writing style really reminds me of Stacey Kennedy's style, and that is why I keep coming back. The story line behind this book was amazing, and adding the BDSM with it made it perfect.

I haven't read a lot of books with switches so, I really ate it up. I was rooting for Poppy and Damien's happy ending. Damien is dominant through and through, so I was so surprised when he let Poppy top him. Poppy is a true spit fire, and Miss Bristol shows us that when Poppy didn't want to submit to Damien. I loved having a front row seat to that awesome show. They really were good for each other, and I like that Miss Bristol throws in real life situations that may affect a relationship to show that no relationship is perfect.

This book was crazy HOT, and I can't wait to see what is next in this world of dominants and submission. If you are new to BDSM books, I think this is a great book that you can sink your teeth into. It is not hard core, and it is not to soft, it is just right. However, if this is your first Sidney Bristol book, hold on tight, because she will take you for on hell of a crazy, sexy and jaw dropping ride!

***Book provided by Random House - Loveswept on NetGalley for review. *** 

No comments:

Post a Comment